Saturday, January 21, 2006

an Encounter With Jaheen

Not a bad day at all
Bunked my class and went to see a movie- It was more like I was watching a Hindi Video songs VCD. But the songs didn’t disappoint me, it were half good and did had some mental stress free time. Oh I just forgot that I was suppose to meet a friend of mine- Jaheen is his name and he is emotionally disturbed as a old man told him during his last holiday visit to a remote atoll that his name is too modern instead he should try sulaimaan and I too support the old man. After all what a name right? Anyways lets move on with the day- I gave him a ring and he told me “I’m at continental bookshop- come there yo”. To my horror I found him there in the same manner as I left him on the streets of Ma faanu some 2 years back. He didn’t change a bit even but he did tell me that I put on some weight- Now don’t look at me like that- I’m just 80 kgs.
Here comes the best part- we went for a romantic lunch and asual fooding is ma favourite- Yummy.
He said he want biryani after looking at that big menu and I was just staring at him and the only question that my lips dare to mutter out was- Why does all this Maldivians ask for Biryani and Tandhoori and that’s a question which I always have coz whoever it is- they all have this craze for tandoori and biryani. But I’m glad that my search for the answer is over as I met this guy as a gods send gift for ma ever long question of WHY?
With his watery
mouths and trying to hide his hunger in his eyes- He told me- It’s coz we all know that only and we don’t like the other stuffs we hear (Dosa, Iddli etc). Now that’s an answer for a ever long question. My eyes almost got filled in excitement but I never showed it out as I don’t like to cry.
After that we were busy discussing about the current Maldivian political appraisal and we came to a conclusion- BirthdayParty (BDP). Please Join us. Our symbol is Balloons.

We departed like lovebirds-SNiff

1 comment:

jaheen said...

awww... i just read this post again, after a long time.. it has brought back sweet sweet memories for me :p a day out with you and someone else ;) dude, where is she btw? its now been almost an year for that, and here we are on two different lands on earth than the last location we met.. hehe.. that was one hell of a lunch we had! yummy! thanks a bunch for the treat!

cheers, mate!