Sunday, August 20, 2006

World Record Event - Most Participants in a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony II
























“Most Participating in a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony”
Breaking a world Record Attempt successfully completed by the united Maldivians which was earlier held by the great Singapore. Singaporeans were able to gather a crowd of 3300 people* and Maldives was able to gather a bigger crowd of 4000+

The place was closed for wild card entries and all the people were asked to fill a small coupon which was later put in the RED BOX and a lucky draw was conducted after the event. The prizes were so catchy that I could only remember the bumper prize of a MRF 20,000 Laptop. Aah did I forget to mention that this whole event was conducted by a company called ICON. Congrats to them for the bringing the people of Maldives united for some reason other than the on going reasons (Political).

Later the “kulhibala team” in which I was also a active participating member was asked to come forward but I didn't go as I went there just to take pics** for putting in my blog. The wild card entries ran for a spot and the event took place by reciting a surat from Quran and then the count down.

10..9..8..7…6..5..4..3..2..1 –Bismillahi’l-Rahmani’l-Rahim
Mementos : Scissors and the piece of ribbon cut by themselves.
Note:
*The information I got from Shaukaths blog about the singapore count.
**Pictures taken from my Nokia 6681 Mobile Phone

No comments: